Aloe vera is known for its medicinal properties. It has a thorny and thick leaf that contains bitter gel. This plant can be found in most households and provide solutions for various conditions. The market is also flooded with varieties of aloe vera products such as aloe vera gel, and aloe vera tablets.
Aloe vera is loaded with vitamin A, B12, C, and E, that are powerful antioxidants and combat free radicals. It is also rich in minerals like magnesium, sodium, zinc, copper, potassium, and calcium. Apart from this, elastin fibres, collagen, and amino acids are found in abundance in aloe vera.
How to Make Aloe Vera Gel At Home ?
Why buy aloe vera gel when you can easily make it. Yes, you read that right you can Aloe Vera Gel at home. Now you don’t have to bother about the price of aloe vera gel, you can make aloe vera gel at home, plus it requires zero maintenance and can survive with very little water. Nothing could beat the satisfaction of growing your aloe vera plant and making your own aloe vera gel whenever you need.
To make aloe vera gel at home you need aloe vera leaf, a sharp knife, blender, clean bowl and airtight container to store.
- Take aloe vera leaf, and wash it. Use the sharp knife to cut it into long sections.
- Cut it from the edges and make a long incision to open up its fleshy part.
- Use a spoon or knife to scoop out the aloe vera gel from the leaf and keep it in a bowl. Avoid scooping the yellow portion of the aloe vera leaf.
- Now put all that pulp in the blender and blend it for 30 seconds.
- Take an airtight glass container to store the gel and keep it in the fridge.
Ways to Preserve Aloe Vera Gel at Home
- You can add some drops of grapefruit seed extract, vitamin E oil or some essential oil, vitamin C powder to preserve the aloe vera gel at home for a longer period. It will stay fresh in the refrigerator for more than a week.
- You can freeze the aloe vera gel in the form of ice cubes.
- Mix homemade aloe vera gel with honey in a 1:1 ratio. Honey’s natural sugar content will help in preserving the aloe vera gel for a long period.
Aloe Vera Gel Uses
- You can address immediate skincare needs like minor cuts, skin irritation, and sunburn by applying aloe vera gel directly to your skin.
- Aloe vera has antibacterial properties that protect the minor wounds from bacterias and promotes quick healing. It is also an excellent moisturiser for the hands and face.
- Aloe vera gel is loaded with long chains of natural sugars that are known to have many skin healing properties.
- You can also prepare aloe vera face mask using different ingredients to achieve healthy-looking skin.
Also Read: masturbation once a week
Do you know any other method to prepare aloe vera gel at home? Have you used homemade aloe vera gel? Feel free to share your experience in the comment section below. We would love to know your views.