Calcium is one of the most important minerals to a healthy diet. It helps to build strong bones and teeth and keep the skeletal system strong and flexible as well.
Calcium Foods – The Importance Of Choosing The Right Foods
Calcium is found in many foods, including dairy products such as cheese, milk and yogurt, which all contain it. Calcium is also present in many plant-based foods including poultry, fish, eggs, cereals and legumes. These all add calcium foods to your diet.
- Calcium is an excellent source of both vitamin D and phosphorus, the two nutrients responsible for strong bones. In addition, it is an excellent source of magnesium, phosphorus and potassium. These nutrients can help maintain fluid levels and muscle tone. Some sources of calcium include milk and other dairy products; leafy green vegetables; soybeans; and orange juice. These all contain less than 1% calcium in each serving.
- Calcium is essential to building strong bones and teeth. Therefore, a diet lacking it can lead to weak bones and teeth. The recommended daily intake of calcium is through food – in the form of dairy products, meat, and fish. However, many foods such as some breakfast cereals and juice, may not contain enough of the nutrient to meet your daily requirement. Calcium food is absorbed best when it is taken with vitamin K added.
- Calcium supplements are available from health food stores and some supermarkets. You may also find vitamin K in non-dairy milks and cereals. Look for vitamin K enriched cereals, orange juice and milk alternatives, especially if you are lactose intolerant. If you cannot tolerate non-dairy milks or cereals, consider purchasing a calcium vitamin K powder, which is much easier on the stomach. There are also pre-packaged calcium tablets available.
- Peanut butter is rich in protein and contains almost twice as many calories as non-dairy butter. If you would like to reduce fat in your diet, peanut butter is a good place to start. One cup of this delicious nutty butter contains almost twice the amount of calcium that one tablespoon of non-dairy cheese contains.
- Yogurt is a wonderful alternative to milk and contains many beneficial bacteria, enzymes, vitamins and minerals. Many people choose to add yogurt to their diet, especially to replace sour cream on sour soups and sauces. To make a yogurt-based dessert, add about one tablespoon of sour cream to one cup of plain yogurt. Other calcium foods rich in probiotics include: Almonds (are ground up into fine particles, so they are rich in phytonutrients), oranges, bananas, peaches, pears and other berries, wheat grass, green vegetables, and tofu.
Also Read: masturbation once a week
Precautions to Take When Using Calcium Tablets
Calcium tablets include a type of salt of calcium that is used in various different situations. Generally, supplementation is usually only needed when there isn’t enough calcium in your daily diet or in case of calcium deficiency. However, when they are taken by mouth they’re most commonly used to treat and even prevent osteoporosis, low blood calcium, andickets in children. Children can also benefit by taking calcium tablets as supplements.
- There are other ways to get the calcium you need other than by taking calcium tablets. Many people believe that eating dairy products can help keep their muscles strong. While this does make sense, it may not always be true. Also, if you are trying to lose weight, you should talk with your doctor before you eat dairy products. Your doctor can recommend a good brand of calcium tablets that will work for you.
- A calcium tablet can help you get the calcium that you need but you also need to watch for the possible interactions with other medications. Make sure to check with your doctor before you start taking any type of medication. Many people believe that they know what they’re taking because they used it for many years with no ill effects. This is simply not true. In fact, they can even interact with some medications. It’s always a good idea to talk to your doctor before you make any dietary changes.
- When you first take a calcium tablet it should be taken about thirty minutes to an hour. You may feel a bit dizzy at first. This is normal. The reason you might feel dizzy is because calcium keeps your blood from being too concentrated. Once your blood concentration has returned to normal you should be able to go to sleep without any interruption.
- Many people are worried about the possible side effects of a calcium tablet. The main one to be aware of is that there could be some stomach upset. The calcium in a calcium tablet will interact with the stomach acid and cause some stomach problems. The problem seems to be that the calcium gets into the esophagus. It’s thought that calcium helps to prevent stomach ulcers. However, this should pass in a short period of time.
- Other common side effects include headache, muscle cramps, diarrhea, and constipation. Again, these are all quite common. While you should experience none of these side effects, you should still report them to your doctor so that they can be dealt with properly. They may require that you continue to take your calcium tablet or take a different one.
How do you meet your calcium requirements? What do you think are the best sources to maintain your calcium levels? Hope this article will help you to opt for the right calcium food sources. How do you meet your calcium requirements? Feel free to share with us in the comments section below.
Related Post: Amla Juice at Home